- Written by Super User
- Category: ipaal
- Published on 16 May 2017
- Hits: 277
The professor Abdulla Altayeb institute is a result of a shared vision between the University of Khartoum and Sudan government to comply to the professor’s Honouring committee’s recommendations. The institute’s official launching ceremony took place in 1992 at the Friendship Hall under the patronage of the president Omer Hassan Al Basheer. In 1999 the university vice-chancellor issued a decree to establish an institute of Arabic Language to achieve the objectives which have been stated in the professor Abdulla Altayeb institute’s constitution. These objectives are meant to teach and spread Arabic language through the most advanced and sophisticated methods which are not available in the other university’s similar departments.
Prof. Abdallah Altayeb
- Prof. Abdallah Altayeb was born at Altimairab village, west of Damer Town, on Ramadan 25, A.H. 1933, June A.D. 1921.
- His parents are Atayeb Abdallah and Aisha Jalal Addin Atayeb who is the son of Mohamed Ben Ahmed Ben Mohamed Amajzoub.
- Prof . Abdallah Altayeb received his education in kasala, Damer and Berber, and then progressed to Gordon College in Khartoum, and high schools , Bakht Alroda educational institute, university of London in the faculty of …………… and institute of eastern and African Studies.
- After that, prof. Atayeb received his PhD from the university of London in 1950.
- He then engaged in teaching at Omdurman Ahlia university , Gordon College, Bakht – Alroda institute , Khartoum university College , university of Khartoum (U. of K) and others.
- Prof. Altayeb also assumed the Deanship of the faculty of Arts in the university of Khartoum (U. of . K) during the period 1961- 1974.
Then he assumed the administration of the U. of . K from 1974- 1975.
- Prof. Altayeb then became the first vice – chancellor of Juba university during the period 1975- 1976.
- Next , he established Abdalla Baiero Banko College in Nigeria, and it has Now become a complete university.
- In addition, Prof. Altayeb served as a professor of Arabic language in Morocco in the Faculty of Arts – seedy Mohamed Ben Abdallah university in Fas.
- He was then appointed an excellent , lifelong professor in the U.of.K in 1979.
- Prof. Abdallah Altayeb had also been serving as an active member of the Academy of the Arabic language in Cairo since marchm 1961.
- He is considered the first Director of the Arabic language complex in Khartoum .
- Prof. Abdallah Altayeb was awarded an honorary doctorate bt the u.of .k in 1981, and by Baiero Banko university in Nigeria in 1988.
- He was also awarded an honorary doctorate by Gezira university in 1989.
- Besides, Prof. Abdallah Altayeb made his own contribution ti the press, Radio and T.V as he also participated in several conferences in Sudan and abroad .
- He gave full interpretation of the Holy Quran through Radio Omdurman during the period 1958-1969, with a recitation by sheichl siddik Ahmed Hamdoon.
- His book entitled ‘ Guide to understand Arab Poetry’ was awarded king faisal’s international prize in 2000.
- Prof. Abdallah Altayeb died on Thursday, June 19, 2003, and left about 45 books written in prose and poetry both in Arabic and English.